Title & Passport Division
1030 E. Tallmadge Avenue
Akron, Ohio 44310

Committed to Professional, Courteous Service


Should you apply in person?
, if...
  • You are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time
  • Your most recent U.S. passport was lost, stolen or damaged
  • Your most recent U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
  • Your most recent U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16
  • NOTES: All persons must have their own passports, including infants.


For All Minors Ages 15 and Under:


To Apply in Person for a U.S. Passport you must:
  1. Provide Application for Passport, Form DS-11
    • Form DS-11
    • Or, forms can be obtained in person at all Title Division Branches
    • Call (330) 630-7200 to have forms mailed to you

    NOTE: Please do NOT sign the DS-11 application form until the Passport Acceptance Agent instructs you to do so.

  2. Present Proof of U.S. Citizenship
  3. All documentation submitted as evidence of U.S. Citizenship will be returned in a separate mailing from your new passport. You may prove U.S. Citizenship with any one of the following:
    • Previous U.S. Passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as evidence of U.S. citizenship.)
    • Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state

    NOTE: A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth.

  4. Present Proof of Identity
  5. You may prove your identity with any one of these, if you are recognizable:
    • Previous U.S. passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as proof of identity.)
    • Naturalization Certificate
    • Current, valid
      • Driver's license
      • Government ID: city, state or federal
      • Military ID: military and dependents
  6. Provide One Passport Photo
  7. Your photograph must be:
    • 2x2 inches in size
    • Identical
    • Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
    • Color
    • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
    • Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
    • Taken in normal street attire
  8. Pay the Applicable Fee
  9. Provide a Social Security Number

If you do not provide your Social Security Number, the Internal Revenue Service may impose a $500 penalty. If you have any questions please call your nearest IRS office.


Should you apply for a Passport Renewal by Mail?
Yes, if your most recent passport:
  • Can be submitted with your application
  • Is not damaged
  • Has never been reported lost or stolen
  • Was issued within the last 15 years
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Was issued in your current name (or you can provide documentation to show you’ve changed your name)
How do I apply by Mail?
  1. Complete Aplication For Passport by Mail, Form DS-82
    • Form DS-82
    • Be sure to sign and date your application
  2. Attach to it:
    • Your most recent passport
    • A passport photo
    • And, a $130 fee payable to the U.S. Department of State
    • If you need your passport urgently, you may request Expedited Service

    NOTE: Your previous passport will be returned to you in a separate mailing from your new passport.

  3. If your name has changed since your passport was issued:
    • Enclose a certified copy of the legal document specifying your name change (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption decree or court order).
    • No photocopies accepted
  4. Mail in a padded envelope to:
    • National Passport Processing
      P.O. Box 90155
      Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155


  • Cost in addition to regular application fees, is $60 per application plus overnight delivery
  • Two-way overnight delivery is strongly suggested
  • If you mail in - clearly mark Expedited on the envelope
  • Anyone may request expedited service for any type of application (e.g., first-time applications, renewals, amendments of existing passports, etc)
  • Passport applications sent together or at the same time do not necessarily remain together
  • Passports will be mailed separately
For information about processing times, visit the US Department of State website at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html


All fees are set by the U.S. Department of State

Passport Book Application Fees (payable to: "U.S. Department of State")

  • $130 (16 years of age or older)
  • $100 (15 years of age and under)

Passport Card Fees (payable to: "U.S. Department of State")

  • $30 (16 years of age or older)
  • $15 (15 years of age and under)

Execution Fee (payable to: "Summit County Clerk of Courts")

  • $35 (All passport applications)

Passport Photos

  • $10 (tax included)


  • Main Office
    1030 E. Tallmadge Avenue
    Akron, OH 44310
  • South Branch
    3333 Massillon Road
    Akron, OH 44312
  • North Branch
    10333 Northfield Road, Unit 152
    Northfield Village, OH 44067


  • 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
    Monday through Friday
    (Except for Legal Holidays)
  • 8:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
    (Northfield Branch Only)
  • 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
    (Main Office Only)
  • 8:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
    (Main Office Only)


  • Clerk of Courts
    Title & Passport Division
    1030 E. Tallmadge Avenue
    Akron, Ohio 44310
    Phone: 330.630.7200