|RECENT CLERK OF COURTS NEWS:|
- Summit County Clerk of Courts Sandra Kurt announces temporary modifications to Title Bureau office until pandemic conditions improve:
- The Fairlawn Title and Passport Division branch - location at 620 Ridgewood Crossing Drive, Fairlawn, OH 44333 will suspend operations at the end of business Friday December 4th, 2020.
- The Green Title and Passport Division branch - location at 3333 Massillon Road, Suite 105, Akron, Ohio 44312 will return to regular business hours of 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday effective December 3rd, 2020, eliminating Thursday evening hours.
- Court of Common Pleas, General Division, Amendment to Local Rules 11 & 12
- Effective June 1, 2020, passports will be processed by appointment only at the Tallmadge Avenue and Northfield Branches. Customers can call 330-630-7200 to schedule their appointment. We strongly recommend that the customer complete and print the appropriate forms from travel.state.gov prior to appointment time. We will also have forms available in both lobbies for the customers who do not have access to computers and/or printers, but they will be asked to take the forms home to be completed, and brought back at their assigned appointment time.
- Effective June 1, 2020, background checks will be by appointment only. Customers can call 330-643-2065 to schedule their appointment. We are strongly recommending that the customer download the application and complete it in advance of the appointment. We will have blank applications available for customers who do not have access to computers and/or printers. The customers will be asked to take the documents home to complete and return during their allotted appointment.
Welcome to the Summit County Clerk of Courts newly redesigned website. While the appearance of the home page has changed, all of the features previously available are still accessible. The most frequently used areas of our website, such as Records Searches and E-filing are available through large buttons on the right hand side of each page or through the tan menu bar above. This site is designed to provide helpful information to the public and to answer commonly asked questions.
The Summit County Clerk of Courts Office is
comprised of two Divisions - Legal and Title. The Clerk of
Courts - Legal Division maintains records for the Summit County
Common Pleas Court - General Division, the Summit County
Domestic Relations Court, and the Ninth District Court of
Appeals. The Clerk of Courts - Title Division, with four
offices throughout Summit County, is responsible for issuing Certificates of Title for watercraft and motor vehicle owners throughout the region.
Each employee of the Clerk of Courts Office
is committed to providing all of our customers with professional
and courteous service. As Clerk of Courts, I am working
diligently to keep this office current with technological
changes and making transactions with this office convenient for
our customers. If you
do not find the information you are looking for on our website,
contact us directly and we will be
happy to assist you.